Donnerstag, 2. April 2009

Eponine


via Sartorialist

DIY?

"Sometimes I go away at night. Sometimes I do not come back. Before coming to this place, the other winter, we lived under the arches of the bridges. We hugged close to each other so as not to freeze. My little sister cried: “How chilly the water is!” When I thought of drowning myself, I said: “No; it’s too cold.” I go all alone when I want to; I sleep in the ditches sometimes. Do you know, at night, when I walk on the boulevards, I see the tree like gibbets, I see all the great black houses like the towers of Notre Dame, I imagine that the white walls are the river, I say to myself: “Here, there is water there!” The stars are like illumination lamps; one would say that they smoke, and that the wind blows them out. I am confused, as if I had horses breathing in my ear; though it is night, I hear hand organs spinning wheels, at me, I run without knowingit; it is all a whirl, all a whirl. When one has not eaten, it is very queer."
~ Eponine (Les Misérables by Victor Hugo)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen